Friday 19 March 2010

On a recent trip to New York.



I have been on two recent trips to New York City and have been meaning to upload my thoughts and Images of this infamous city. Well to be honest there are a high number of images I would like to upload but will restrict them; heavily.

My highlights of the great city was without question the Highline - a disused rail rd, that runs off the docks of the hudson and into Chelsea. If you are unaware of this delight the I suggest looking into it, First stop should be Joel Sternfeld's book - The Highline.

Second of all was Coney Island. As a surfer of Coney Island, Wales, I have a strange love affair with the run down Fun Fair and was compelled to see the Island we [the welsh] had built ours after. I desired to see any resembling features (people and buildings) and to feel the energy of NY's famous attraction. It is a place that I fell in love with and will be returning to make a serious piece of work as soon as possible. Maybe in a years time? as thats when I plan to seek work and live in the city, a city as captivating as they say it is.

 I will upload the 6x7 scans of the work made in Coney Island some time next week, so stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment